7 Tips And Tricks For Better Floor-Mopping
If you're like most homeowners, you know that some maintenance tasks are more difficult than others. And when the task in question is something that needs to be done on a regular basis, it can seem downright daunting! This is why we've come up with this list of basic floor mopping tips for all our readers. These tips will help make sure your floors are looking their best year-round, and they'll make your home feel more welcoming, too!
Easy Mopping Techniques
- Always vacuum or sweep before mopping! This removes debris and dirt particles that will get caught in the rag or mop head.
- When mopping, always use cold water to avoid leaving water spots.
- Use the right mop for your floor type. A microfiber mop on a tile or stone floor can scratch and dull the finish; always use a natural bristle mop on these surfaces instead.
- In between mopping, sprinkle a little bit of white vinegar on your mop head to cut through any grease or grime build-up. This is especially helpful for bathroom flooring.
- Never dry-mop laminate floors with a dry rag or with newspaper; you'll end up scratching the surface and causing damage.
- Clean tile and stone floor grout regularly. If your floors are in need of a deep clean, consider renting a steam cleaner, which will cut through grease and grime much more effectively than a mop or broom.
- For vinyl flooring, always use warm water for mopping, and never use soap (which can leave residue).
Reach Out To Floor Shield of Tallahassee Today!
Your floor is the very foundation on which your whole home stands. That's why you should want to be sure it looks it's absolute best. Taking care of your flooring doesn't have to be a long, intricate process either; just following these simple tips will help you achieve your floor cleaning goals with time to spare. For more information on maintaining an attractive floor feel free to contact our team of professionals to discuss our concrete coating options. We offer free estimates on all of our services so give us a call today!
OUR LATEST FLOOR COATING PROJECTS
Flake Color 850 Garage Floor in Tallahassee, FL
After grind the floors and using 100% Polyaspartic this 850 flake choice looks awesome. Garage Flooring Location: Tallahassee, FL Estimated budget: $3800 Gallery […]See This Project
New Home Construction Flooring in Tallahassee, FL
Here on this garage floor we had to cover the cracks in the floor and we used the chip color grasshopper. Garage Flooring Location: Tallahassee, FL Estimated budget: $3800 Gallery […]See This Project
LATEST ARTICLES & NEWS
Tips And Tricks When Renovating Your Bathroom Floor
While renovations often require a good deal of planning, nothing can be more nerve-wracking than tackling your bathroom. Although the textural aesthetics of your bathroom are something that you'll wa […]
Signs It May Be Time To Install New Flooring
Floors have a natural tendency to deteriorate. Over time, they take in dirt and debris, develop cracks and start to look downright ugly. You could remodel your entire house or you could simply replac […]